Hope everyone is enjoying this nice break from the constant 90 degree plus temps and wicked high humidity!
Congrats to Silvana Morgan for 2nd place AG at the Run for Liv a few weeks ago! Speedy!
If you or someone you know has had a significant race accomplishment, please let me know! email@example.com
SANDOWN 5 MILER – NHGP
Congrats to everyone who ran for Gate City this past Saturday! We had 36 striders toe the line in some really hot, humid conditions. We came in second place as a club, but regained the lead more than doubling the total number of points that previous NHGP leader, Upper Valley, got! Great work by all!
Outdoor track continues on Wednesdays at Nashua North High School. Join the 5k/10k workout or the marathon/21k workouts each night. Starts at 6pm sharp with announcements. Workouts begin just after that
Once the Nashua South track updates are complete, we will be moving back over there. Sounds like they should be done by the beginning of September.
Yoga/Core returns to track! Come join us for a great stretch and a little core work after track. Come for track and stay for yoga, or just come for the yoga. Starts once the track work is done, usually around 6:40pm.
Everyones favorite social event is back! Join us on Tuesday August 23rd for a run, and we’ll get you a super secret discount code that’ll get you 25% off ice cream at Haywards afterwards. What better motivation to run!?
NEW HAMPSHIRE GRAND PRIX
We’ll be running another track 5k on Thursday August 18th at Nashua North. This is free for everyone, and is considered the 5th race in the NHGP series. You can run this as many times as you’d like. Check out more info here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1189650304944543
Singlets can be purchased at Fleet Feet for $20 cash or check!
HEALTH AND WELLNESS NIGHT
Mark your calendars for August 17th to join us at track. We’ll bring in a bunch of local running related vendors who will have some giveaways, and I hear there might be some treats at the finish! If you know of anyone you think should be a part of this, please contact Amanda Naro
Little reminder for those who have run or will be running at least 2 races within a series (New Hampshire Grand Prix, New England Grand Prix, Cross Country or Mountain Series) if you’re looking to take advantage of our race reimbursement program, don’t forget to get your volunteer hours in. More info can be found here: https://gatecity.org/race-reimbursement-program/
– April 3rd – Oct 16 – Virtual Track 5K – Any Track – New Hampshire Grand Prix
– July 27th – Return of 5k/10k track workouts
– August 14 – 5 Mile – Bobby Doyle 5 Mile, Narragansett RI – USATF New England Grand Prix
– August 17th – Health and Wellness Night at Track!
– August 18th – NHGP Track 5k at Nashua North Track!
– August 23rd – Haywards Run!
– August 27 – 10 Mile – Allen Mello NH Ten Miler, Auburn/Manchester NH – USATF New England Grand Prix
– September 04 – Mt. Greylock – USATF Mountain Series
– September 25 – 10 km – Lone Gull 10K Gloucester MA – USATF New England Grand Prix
– September 25 – Waterville Valley Mountain Race – USATF Mountain Series
– October 15 – Cranmore Mountain Race – USATF Mountain Series
– October 23 – Delta Dental 1/2 Marathon – Concord, NH, 10/16 – New Hampshire Grand Prix
– November 13 – 5 km – BIGGSteps 5K, Needham MA – USATF New England Grand Prix
– November 20nd – Novemberfest – Nashua
– December – Mill Cities Relay! – Nashua -> Lawrence
Stay tuned! Much more to come!
Take care and see you on the roads!
Gate City Striders