If you or someone you know has had a significant race accomplishment, please let me know! firstname.lastname@example.org
SCHOLARSHIP – DEADLINE IS THIS SUNDAY!
The Gate City Striders are accepting applications scholarships! This scholarship is open to high school or college students who will be attending a post-secondary educational institution, including a college, university or vocational school in the fall of 2022. Any GCS member, child of a GCS member, or a student sponsored by a GCS member is eligible. Read all the details and download an application from https://gatecity.org/gate-city-strider-scholarship/. Deadline is May 1st. Please contact Andy Bragg if you have any questions!
GATE CITY RUNNING FESTIVAL – VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Registration for the 2022 Gate City Running Festival is now open! This year we’re bringing a fast 1 mile race down the Broad St Parkway, a 10k and a half marathon. Sign up today for the best prices on a premier Nashua event!http://www.lightboxreg.com/gcsrunningfestival_2022Each one of you plays an important role in the success of this race. This event would be impossible without you. Sign-ups for volunteer spots are live. Those signing up before April 26th will also be guaranteed the requested volunteer shirt size noted at sign-up. Otherwise we will have additional shirts for all volunteers but size quanities may be limited. Sign up to volunteer at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F084FA4AA2BA3FD0-2022
Join us TONIGHT, and each Wednesday night at the Nashua North Track for our weekly track practices
YOUTH TRACK AND FIELD
Johanna Newbould is spear heading bringing back this program. She’s in need of volunteers and coaches to help out on Mondays and Thursdays in May thru June. Contact her for more details!
We’re very excited to announce that we will be having a group yoga / core strength work following our track workouts starting in mid-late May. All included as part of your membership! Come have a strong workout on the track and get a solid stretch and core workout to finish up!
PACK MONADNOCK 10 MILER – THIS SUNDAY!
Our favorite scenic run amongst waterfalls, trees and _just_a_few_ hills is back this year in it’s normal time! Part of the USATF Mountain Series once again. The race takes place on Sunday May 1st leaving Wilton and heading up to the summit of Pack Monadnock. Registration is now open here: http://www.lightboxreg.com/pack_2022
May 7th we’ll return to Parker’s Maple Barn out in Mason, NH for a group run followed by breakfast! Meet at 8am sharp in the parking lot across the street. We’ll split into some groups and run after we put our name in. Finishing with everyone eating together afterwards. Contact John Lewicke for more info
– April 3rd – Oct 16 – Virtual Track 5K – Any Track – New Hampshire Grand Prix
– May 1st – Pack Monadnock 10 Miler – Mountain Series – Wilton
– May 7th – Parkers Maple Barn run
– May 15th – Gate City Running Festival – Nashua
– May 28 – Wachusett Mountain – USATF Mountain Series
– May 29 – Marathon – Vermont City Marathon, Burlington VT – USATF New England Grand Prix
– June 4th – Ascutney Mountain Run – USATF Mountain Series
– June 19th – Skip’s Run 4M – Lebanon, NH, 6/19 – New Hampshire Grand Prix
– July 10 – Loon Mountain Race (USATF-NE Mountain Champs) – USATF Mountain Series
– August 6th – Sandown 5M – Sandown, NH, 8/6 – New Hampshire Grand Prix
– August 14th – 5 Mile – Bobby Doyle 5 Mile, Narragansett RI – USATF New England Grand Prix
– August 27 – 10 Mile – Allen Mello NH Ten Miler, AuburnNH – USATF New England Grand Prix
– September 04 – Mt. Greylock – USATF Mountain Series
– September 25 – 10 km – Lone Gull 10K Gloucester MA – USATF New England Grand Prix
– September 25 – Waterville Valley Mountain Race – USATF Mountain Series
– October 15 – Cranmore Mountain Race – USATF Mountain Series
– October 23 – Delta Dental 1/2 Marathon – Concord, NH, 10/16 – New Hampshire Grand Prix
– November 13 – 5 km – BIGGSteps 5K, Needham MA – USATF New England Grand Prix
– November 20th – Novemberfest – Nashua
– December – Mill Cities Relay! – Nashua -> Lawrence
Stay tuned! Much more to come!
Take care and see you on the roads!
Gate City Striders