If you or someone you know has had a significant race accomplishment, please let me know! email@example.com
SCHOLARSHIP – TIME IS RUNNING OUT
The Gate City Striders are accepting applications scholarships! This scholarship is open to high school or college students who will be attending a post-secondary educational institution, including a college, university or vocational school in the fall of 2022. Any GCS member, child of a GCS member, or a student sponsored by a GCS member is eligible. Read all the details and download an application from https://gatecity.org/gate-city-strider-scholarship/. Deadline is May 1st. Please contact Andy Bragg if you have any questions!
OUTDOOR TRACK / OPENING LAP – NEXT WEEK!
Join us Wednesday April 20th at the Nashua North Track for the start of our outdoor track season! Following the workout, we will have pizza and non-alcholic beverages available. We will reschedule in the event of rain. We’re currently at the Nashua North track due to the condition of the South track. It is supposed to be under construction this summer. We’ll be back at South as soon as that’s complete!
PACK MONADNOCK 10 MILER
Our favorite scenic run amongst waterfalls, trees and _just_a_few_ hills is back this year in it’s normal time! Part of the USATF Mountain Series once again. The race takes place on Sunday May 1st leaving Wilton and heading up to the summit of Pack Monadnock. Registration is now open here: http://www.lightboxreg.com/pack_2022As always, we can’t hold these events without volunteers. If you would like to volunteer for the Pack Monadnock race, you can sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409094aa5aa29a0fd0-pack
GATE CITY RUNNING FESTIVAL
Registration for the 2022 Gate City Running Festival is now open! This year we’re bringing a fast 1 mile race down the Broad St Parkway, a 10k and a half marathon. Sign up today for the best prices on a premier Nashua event!http://www.lightboxreg.com/gcsrunningfestival_2022
COUCH TO 5K
16 Individuals started their Couch to 5k journey this past Wednesday night. If you know anyone who would like to start their journey, it’s not too late to join in! https://gatecity.org/couch-5k-training-program/
– April 3rd – Oct 16 – Virtual Track 5K – Any Track – New Hampshire Grand Prix
– April 23rd – Sleepy Hollow Mountain Race – USATF Mountain Series
– May 1st – Pack Monadnock 10 Miler – Mountain Series – Wilton
– May 15th – Gate City Running Festival – Nashua
– May 28th – Wachusett Mountain – USATF Mountain Series
– May 29th – Marathon – Vermont City Marathon, Burlington VT – USATF New England Grand Prix
– June 4th – Ascutney Mountain Run – USATF Mountain Series
– June 19th – Skip’s Run 4M – Lebanon, NH – New Hampshire Grand Prix
– July 10th – Loon Mountain Race (USATF-NE Mountain Champs) – USATF Mountain Series
– August 6th – Sandown 5M – Sandown, NH – New Hampshire Grand Prix
– August 14th – 5 Mile – Bobby Doyle 5 Mile, Narragansett RI – USATF New England Grand Prix
– August 27th – 10 Mile – Allen Mello NH Ten Miler, Auburn NH – USATF New England Grand Prix
– September 4th – Mt. Greylock – USATF Mountain Series
– September 25th – 10 km – Lone Gull 10K Gloucester MA – USATF New England Grand Prix
– September 25th – Waterville Valley Mountain Race – USATF Mountain Series
– October 15th – Cranmore Mountain Race – USATF Mountain Series
– October 23rd – Delta Dental 1/2 Marathon – Concord, NH – New Hampshire Grand Prix
– November 13th – 5 km – BIGGSteps 5K, Needham MA – USATF New England Grand Prix
– November 20th – Novemberfest – Nashua
– December – Mill Cities Relay! – Nashua -> Lawrence
Stay tuned! Much more to come!
Take care and see you on the roads!
Gate City Striders