If you or someone you know has had a significant race accomplishment, please let me know! firstname.lastname@example.org
GCS EXECUTIVE BOARD – TREASURER
After many years of service, Diane Dunklee Clifford is stepping down as treasurer at the end of her term. We’re currently looking for someone to take over for her. Please let me know if you are interested.
ANNUAL AWARDS DINNER
Register online here:https://www.signupgenius.com/go/904044EAEAD2FA57-annual3Join us for our Annual Awards Dinner where we honor members of the club for their 2021 racing accomplishments, commitment to the club, and more!Cocktails and appetizers will start at 5:30pm, dinner at 6:30pm, with awards to follow.Don’t miss out on one of the best events of the year! RSVPs due by Thursday, March 3rd!Please send your pictures for the slideshow to Amanda Naro
ANNUAL MEETING OF THE MEMBERSHIP
Please join us for our Annual Meeting of the Membership. A chance to meet fellow club members, hear the status of the club – with a review of last year and this years’ upcoming plans, and also discuss new business. This is a free event.Light food will be available starting at 6:30pm. The meeting will start promptly at 7pm.IF you are interested in joining the board and helping to drive the direction of the club, please contact a board member.Hope to see you there!
FREEZE YOUR BUNS
The Last race in the 2022 Freeze Your Buns Series will be on Sunday Feb 27th, 9am sharp at Conway Arena. Come join us for this flat, fast and cheap race ($5 to run!). If you can’t run, please consider volunteering. Register to volunteer here: https://signup.com/go/PtjXYsR
Looking for a track workout on Tuesday or Wednesday nights? There is still plenty of room for you to join the crew kicking butt and taking names at the Hampshire Hills dome. Tuesday nights feature a 5k/10k and marathon workout, while Wednesday nights are more C25K focused. Warmup starts at 6pm, announcements at 615 workout starts just afterwards. $75 for the rest of the season or $10 cash or check drop in. Please print out and bring the dome waiver and the Gate city waiver. https://gatecity.org/indoor-track-workouts/
NEW ENGLAND GRAND PRIX
The First NEGP race was this past weekend at the Super Sunday 4 miler in Bedford. We had some excellent showings. NEGP captain Suzanne Barker had a great write up about it earlier this week. Next Race is the New Bedford Half Marathon March 20th! Please let Suzanne know if you plan on running.
NEW HAMPSHIRE GRAND PRIX!
The first race in our New Hampshire Grand Prix title defense is fast approaching. The first race is in our backyards at the Nashua Soup Kitchen 10k on April 3rd! Gate City has won the New Hampshire Grand Prix title the last few years because we’ve had a full team participation. Even if you think you are too slow, you WILL score points. Because everyone showed up, we were able to defeat some faster clubs. #everyrunnercounts#everypointmatters Join us!
It’s not too early to give a quick reminder on race reimbursement. The Gate City Striders have a very generous program reimbursing our runners based on the number of races in a particular series they run and meeting a volunteering requirement. Many volunteering opportunities are coming up soon. Plus Fitness University and Summer Trail Series still to come. More info on race reimbursement can be found here: https://gatecity.org/race-reimbursement-program/ Also, the more you run and volunteer for the club, the better your chances to win one of the coveted Boston Marathon Bibs the club gets each year!
PACK MONADNOCK 10 MILER
Our favorite scenic run amongst waterfalls, trees and _just_a_few_ hills is back this year in it’s normal time! Part of the USATF Mountain Series once again. The race takes place on Sunday May 1st leaving Wilton and heading up to the summit of Pack Monadnock. Registration is now open here: http://www.lightboxreg.com/pack_2022As always, we can’t hold these events without volunteers. If you would like to volunteer for the Pack Monadnock race, you can sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409094aa5aa29a0fd0-pack
GATE CITY RUNNING FESTIVAL
Registration for the 2022 Gate City Running Festival is now open! This year we’re bringing a fast 1 mile race down the Broad St Parkway, a 10k and a half marathon. Sign up today for the best prices on a premier Nashua event!http://www.lightboxreg.com/gcsrunningfestival_2022
WINTER WARRIORS – FLEET FEET
Looking for a group run on Monday’s and Thursday’s thru the winter? The Winter Warriors group is currently meeting at 6pm on Monday’s and THursday’s at the Fleet Feet store on Collesium ave. All paces are welcome
– March 20 – New Bedford Half Marathon, New Bedford MA – USATF New England Grand Prix
– March 11th – Annual Awards Dinner – Nashua Country Club
– April 3rd – Oct 16 – Virtual Track 5K – Any Track – New Hampshire Grand Prix
– April 3rd – Nashua Soup Kitchen 10K – Nashua, NH, – New Hampshire Grand Prix
– April 7 – Annual Meeting of the Membership – Nashua Country Club
– April 23 – Sleepy Hollow Mountain Race – USATF Mountain Series
– May 1st – Pack Monadnock 10 Miler – USATF Mountain Series – Wilton
– May 15th – Gate City Running Festival – Nashua
– May 28 – Wachusett Mountain – USATF Mountain Series
– May 29 – Marathon – Vermont City Marathon, Burlington VT – USATF New England Grand Prix
– June 11 – Ascutney Mountain Run – USATF Mountain Series
– June 19th – Skip’s Run 4M – Lebanon, NH, 6/19 – New Hampshire Grand Prix
– July 10 – Loon Mountain Race (USATF-NE Mountain Champs) – USATF Mountain Series
– August 6th – Sandown 5M – Sandown, NH, 8/6 – New Hampshire Grand Prix
– August 14 – 5 Mile – Bobby Doyle 5 Mile, Narragansett RI – USATF New England Grand Prix
– August 27 – Allen Mello NH Ten Miler, Auburn/Manchester NH – USATF New England Grand Prix
– September 04 – Mt. Greylock – USATF Mountain Series
– September 25 – 10 km – Lone Gull 10K Gloucester MA – USATF New England Grand Prix
– September 25 – Waterville Valley Mountain Race – USATF Mountain Series
– October 15 – Cranmore Mountain Race – USATF Mountain Series
– October 16th – Delta Dental 1/2 Marathon – Concord, NH New Hampshire Grand Prix
– November 13 – 5 km – BIGGSteps 5K, Needham MA – USATF New England Grand Prix
– November 20nd – Novemberfest – Nashua
– December – Mill Cities Relay! – Nashua -> Lawrence
Much more to come!
Take care and see you on the roads!
Gate City Striders