MINE FALLS SUMMER TRAIL SERIES
July 4th Team Relay
The year 2020 will bring us a 4th of July that may not have some of our favorite things... in person road races, fireworks displays, and a Boston Pops concert. However, the MFSTS Committee decided that a special event paying homage to the traditional relay race might help brighten the weekend. That wasn't enough though! We decided to add cool swag and prizes! After all, who doesn't love stickers and locally made maple syrup? Please join us for a fun way to celebrate the 4th with friends. If you're running another local 5k that's gone virtual, you can still come run our course and use your time for both! We hope to see you on the trails. Have a happy and safe Independence Day!
- Your 2020 Race Directors (Marie, Ken and Rob)
ABOUT THE 5K RELAY
The Mine Falls Summer Trail Series July 4th Relay will be run as a virtual team effort. Each team member will run the 5K course in a socially distant fashion either together or separately and submit their time via the website.
- You have from dawn on Saturday July 4th until dark Tuesday July 7th to run the 5K course. In fact you can run it as often as you'd like!
- Teams must include three people and may be all male, all female, or coed.
- Don't have enough people for a team? Email email@example.com and he'll coordinate you to be on one of our Race Directors Teams!
- Team members may run at ANY time during the four days. For example, one member can run Saturday morning, the second Sunday afternoon, and the last Tuesday before dark. Use whatever combination of run times that works for your team.
- There will be a marked area to start at in the Stellos Stadium parking lot. Start there, and don't forget to start your watch or any other electronic tracking device if you have one.
- Run the course and when you finish, cross the marked finish line and record your time.
- Go to the Gate City Striders Web site and record your finishing time. Your time MUST be logged by Wednesday at 5pm in order to get an official finishing time.
- Member times will be added together to form a team time.
- Run solo. Run socially distant with a friend. Run fast. Run for fun. Bring your kids. (Kids, bring your parents!)
- We'll collate the times and publish the results as soon as humanly possible after the reporting deadline.
- Take pictures. Post them to our Facebook page! Share them on Instagram! Include #mfsts #minefalls #gatecitystriders #gcs
- Don't forget about our regular 5 week series!
- Unfortunately, the 4th of July Relay does not count towards the regular series T-shirts.
All who register will receive two (2) special edition Mine Falls Summer Trail Series 4" x 6" oval stickers!
Prizes! Teams in the following categories will receive one (1) 3.4oz Parker's Maple Barn maple syrup bottle!
- Fastest Coed Team
- Fastest Female Team
- Fastest Male Team
- Slowest Team
- One Randomly Drawn Team
* We expect that all participants will respect and give way to other people using Mine Falls Park, as well as maintaining social distancing while racing.
** If you plan on racing hard and/or want to minimize interactions with others, we suggest running at off hours such as early morning.
*** While proof of your race such as a Garmin or Strava screen shot is not required, it is highly suggested especially for competitive teams.
The course is run on trails through Mine Falls Park. The terrain for the 5K is mostly flat, wide & well groomed. The footing is rugged but safe, over rocks, roots and packed dirt. We will mark the trails by Saturday morning July 4th, but as this is a semi-virtual race we highly encourage runners to familiarize themselves with the trails and course ahead of time. It is YOUR responsibility to run the correct course and not get lost.
Registration for the 2020 July 4th Relay is $30 for a team of three people.
2020 Regular Series Dates
- June 8
- June 15
- June 22
- June 29
- July 13
- July 20
- July 27
- August 3
- August 10
- August 17
Receive a commemorative Mine Falls Summer Trail Series T-shirt by running 8 of the 10 weeks!
Take exit 5W off the Everett Turnpike (Route 3) in Nashua. Turn right at the first set of lights after the Police Station. The entrance to Stellos Stadium is the first left.
ABOUT MINE FALLS PARK
Mine Falls Park is a 325-acre park in the city of Nashua, New Hampshire. Located in the heart of the city, it was purchased in 1969 from the Nashua, New Hampshire Foundation with city and federal Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) money. It is bordered on the north by the Nashua River and on the south by the millpond and power canal system.
Want to learn more about the park? Check out these useful pages!