Congrats to Tara Roark-Towle – new PRs in both the 100 meter and long jump at the USATF NE Outdoor Championships!
Congrats to Yuki Minami Chorney – overall winner – 1st overall and 1st woman – Bucks for Bernie’s Kids 12 Hour Ultra!
Congrats to Andrew Bragg – 3rd AG – Newburyport Yankee Homecoming 5k
Christopher Simard – 1st AG – Newburyport Yankee Homecoming 5k
Mark Crane – 2nd AG – Newburyport Yankee Homecoming 5k
Paul Donovan – 2nd AG – Newburyport Yankee Homecoming 5k
Mary Schmidt Brundage for a new distance PR of 92 miles at the Badger Trail Race in Wisconsin/IL!
If you or someone you know has had a significant race accomplishment, please let me know! email@example.com
Tonight! at Nashua North High School. 6pm Start. 5k/10k workout is 6×800 (400 rest) at 5k pace. See you there!
GCS Executive board – Treasurer
After many years of service, Diane Dunklee Clifford is stepping down as treasurer at the end of her term. We’re currently looking for someone to take over for her. Please let me know if you are interested.
New Hampshire Grand Prix!
Next race in the NHGP is the Sandown 5M. Once again we’re hoping to have another sea of red out there! With the chance in scoring system this year, EVERY RUNNER SCORES POINTS. Every runner counts! Come out and help Gate City repeat as champions! Register here: https://www.runreg.com/9938I’ll be in Sandown, who’s joining me!?Singlets can be purchased at Fleet Feet for $20 cash or check only please! Looking forward to seeing a great crowd at the upcoming races!
The Pack Monadnock 10 Miler is looking for volunteers. If you’re not running, please consider signing up HERE:https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F084AA4A82EA4FE3-pack
Health and Wellness Night
Next week!Local Vendors, Therapists and others will be at the track next week! Come say hi and learn about their services before or after track. There might even be some ice cream afterwards! Contact Amanda Naro with any questions
Ultimate Runner Night
A Gate City Tradition going back many years. Run a 400, 800, mile and 5k all age/gender graded to see who comes out on top! Coming August 25th. Signup at track. Free for all members
- Track Practice – Every Wednesday night into the fall – Nashua North Track
- Trail Series – Monday Nights into August – Nashua
- NHGP – Sandown 5M – Sandown, NH- August 8
- USATFNE Mountain – Wachusett Mountain- August 17
- Haywards Social Run/Ice Cream – Nashua, NH- August 21
- USATFNE Mountain – Pack Monadnock 10 Miler- August 25
- Ultimate Runner- Sept 5
- USATFNE Mountain – Mt. Greylock – Sept 12
- USATF XC – GBTC Cross Country Invitational; Carlisle, MA- Sept 25
- NHGP – Rail Trail 10k – Lebanon, NH- Sept 25
- USATF XC – Brown Bear Invitational Highland Park, Attleboro, MA- Sept 26
- USATFNE Mountain – Waterville Valley Mountain Race- October 10
- USATF XC – Wayland Cross Country Festival Wayland, MA- October 24
- USATFNE Mountain – Cranmore Mountain Race- Nov 7
- NHGP – Manchester Half Marathon – Manchester, NH- Nov 7
- USATF XC – USATF-NE Open/Masters Championships. TBD- Nov 20
- USATF XC – Rachel’s Run; Tyngsboro, MA- Nov 21
- Novemberfest – Nashua- Dec 5
- MILL CITIES! – Nashua->Lawrence Stay tuned!
Much more to come!
Take care and see you on the roads!
Gate City Striders