If you or someone you know has had a significant race accomplishment, please let me know! firstname.lastname@example.org
New Hampshire Grand Prix!
The Gate City Striders are the defending NHGP champions, and we’re looking to repeat! We’ve won the last few championships because we had contributions from everyone in the club. Doesn’t matter if you think you are slow, you can and will score points for the club! Next race on the calendar is the Bill Luti 5 miler in Concord next Saturday, July 17th! https://www.gsrs.com/luti $20 to register ahead of time. Registration closes at 9am TOMORROW! Thursday July 15th! Singlets can be purchased at Fleet Feet for $20 cash or check only please! Looking forward to seeing a great crowd at the upcoming races!
One of the benefits of being a member is that you could get a chunk of your race entry fees to the New Hampshire Grand Prix, New England Grand Prix, XC and Mountain Series refunded to you! All it takes is for you to run races in the series, volunteer at least 3 times for the first series, additional volunteer requirements for each series after that, and then fill out a form in the late fall. The amount reimbursed depends on the number of races that you have run in the series and the financial health of the club. The more we make, the more we give back to YOU! http://gatecity.org/race-reimbursement-program/
Pack Monadnock 10 Miler
The Pack Monadnock 10 Miler is looking for volunteers. If you’re not running, please consider signing up HERE:https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F084AA4A82EA4FE3-pack
Did you see our upcoming Hayward’s Ice Cream runs on Thursday, July 29th and Tuesday, August 17th at 6PM? Hope you can attend, whether to run, help by volunteering, or just socialize and eat ice cream! Volunteers can sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/904044eaead2fa57-haywardsEveryone gets a discount code for ice cream afterwards!
Couch to 5k
Our couch to 5k program started this past Wednesday night. We had about 30 individuals start or renew their running journey! We can use a couple of couches to help out with that program. If you are interested, please contact George LeCours. email@example.com ***NOTE: This would be during our normal track workouts ***
July starts our training programs for a fall race. If you are interested send David your information. He will need the following:- Name- Email- Phone- Beginner(first), Intermediate(one or two completed) or Seasoned(have completed a few and looking for a better time) status.We will start our training the first week in July so don’t hesitate! If we can’t use a school we will use Mines Fallls. Contact: email: firstname.lastname@example.orgThis is included with your club membership!
Outdoor Track! Every Wednesday night thru the summer!
Now on a real track!We’re now meeting at the Nashua North High School Track! We start announcements at 6pm and then the coaches take over from there. See you at track!
Yoga and Open House at EnduraFit
Did you know yoga is great for mobility which will help your running? Join other GCS members for a run in Hollis followed by yoga and an open house at EnduraFit, on Saturday, July 24th – details here: https://fb.me/e/1D1Ah7RB7
Health and Wellness Night
Since we are back on a track for Wednesday nights, I’m happy to say we’ll be having an in person Health & Wellness night this year. Save the date for August 11th! Have any local businesses you’d like to see participate? Let Amanda Naro know!
Summer Trail Series
Registration is open now for the summer trail series! Races starting next month! Volunteers also neededhttp://gatecity.org/mfsts/
Fitness University will be happening in two sessions this year at the Merrimack Y. Carolina is currently looking for volunteers to help out! https://docs.google.com/…/1FAIpQLSetRV0vVUQ…/viewform
– Thru July 1st – NHGP – NHGP 5k/5,000m on any track – Virtual Track 5k
– Track Practice – Every Wednesday night into the fall – Nashua High School North
– Trail Series – Monday Nights into August – Nashua
– Fitness University – Tuesday’s – Merrimack
– July 17 – NHGP – Bill Luti 5M – Concord, NH
– August 7 – NHGP – Sandown 5M – Sandown, NH
– August 8 – USATFNE Mountain – Wachusett Mountain
– August 21 – USATFNE Mountain – Pack Monadnock 10 Miler
– Sept 5 – USATFNE Mountain – Mt. Greylock
– Sept 12 – USATF XC – GBTC Cross Country Invitational; Carlisle, MA
– Sept 25 – NHGP – Rail Trail 10k – Lebanon, NH
– Sept 25 – USATF XC – Brown Bear Invitational Highland Park, Attleboro, MA
– Sept 26 – USATFNE Mountain – Waterville Valley Mountain Race
– October 10 – USATF XC – Wayland Cross Country Festival Wayland, MA
– October 24 – USATFNE Mountain – Cranmore Mountain Race
– Nov 7 – NHGP – Manchester Half Marathon – Manchester, NH
– Nov 7 – USATF XC – USATF-NE Open/Masters Championships. TBD
– Nov 20 – USATF XC – Rachel’s Run; Tyngsboro, MA
– Nov 21 – Novemberfest – Nashua
Stay tuned! Much more to come!
Take care and see you on the roads!
Gate City Striders