Lots happening this past week, between the successful Gate City Marathon, Half Marathon & Relay, Best of Boston, NEGP races, and much more.
It was a great weekend for our fellow striders!
– Belinda Morang ran a new 5k PR at the Home Stretch 5k on Saturday.
– Thomas Cantara set a new PR at the Westfield 5k – part of the NEGP series.
– Adriana Velasquez Tyers set a brand new half marathon PR at our own Gate City Marathon, Half Marathon and Relay.
– Chris Mabon also set a new half marathon PR at Gate City!
– Kerry Rollins set a new marathon PR up at Sugarloaf!
Congratulations to everyone!
If you or anyone you know has run a PR or had a significant accomplishment, please let me know!
The Gate City Marathon Committee is soliciting feedback from those who took part. Please fill out the survey here: https://docs.google.com/…/1PEvTJ1OWFW9bfPhF4s3M3w…/viewform…
Have you thought about joining the club’s executive board?
We’re in need of a Secretary, Sponsorship Coordinator and Outreach point person. Please ask a current board member http://gatecity.org/executive-board/ or me if you have any questions
May 25th – Mountain Series – Wachusett Mountain Race – Princeton, MA
May 25th-26th – Pineland Farms Trail Festival – Maine
June 9th – NHGP – Flat and Fast 5k, Windham, NH
Aug 10th – NEGP – Bridge of Flowers 10k, Shelburne Falls, MA
On top of our very generous race reimbursement plan (http://gatecity.org/race-reimbursement-program/), volunteering and being active in the club can help make you eligible to earn one of the bypass numbers the club usually gets each year to run the Boston Marathon. We have plenty of programs in need of volunteers in the near future.
Take care and see you on the roads!